Inside Innovation Funding: Exploring Philanthropy at the Intersection of Problem-Solving, Technology & Design
Thursday, April 13, 2017 10:00 am
12:30 pm PT
In-person | San Francisco, CA
This event is no longer available.
Increasingly funders are experimenting with innovation funding, but how are they defining innovation, and what can we learn from approaches that are working? Building on Foundation Center’s recent GrantCraft and Glasspockets blog series, funders will explain how they are applying and adapting strategies from the tech sector to strengthen and scale social sector endeavors. Topics covered will include competition grantmaking, venture philanthropy, accelerator programs, capacity building, and efforts to create a diverse and inclusive social innovation sector. This session is open to both grantmakers and nonprofit representatives.
- 10:00-10:30 am: Continental Breakfast/Registration
- 10:30 am-12:00 pm: Program
- 12:00-12:30 pm: Meet & Greet with panelists/Informal networking
- Jim Bildner, CEO, Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation (@DRKFoundation, @jimbildner)
- Cedric Brown, Chief of Community Engagement, Kapor Center for Social Impact (@KaporCenter, @cedbrownsaid)
- Shannon Farley, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Fast Forward (@FfwdOrg, @Shannon_Farley)
- Danny Harris, Program Director, San Jose - Knight Foundation (@dyuliharris)