Meet the Changemakers: Reentry Landscape and Social Entrepreneurship
Friday, May 12, 2017 10:00 am
12:00 pm ET
In-person | Cleveland, OH
The Northeast Ohio region is host to some of the most strategic and forward-thinking programs regarding the prison reentry population and social enterprise. These innovations play a crucial role in community development and vocational empowerment for the men and women looking to reintegrate back into society.
Join Cleveland area leaders in the field as they discuss the landscape of social entrepreneurship and ex-offenders from the perspective of nonprofits, businesses, and the government.
Topics will include:
- How to create economic opportunities for reducing recidivism of returning citizens.
- The steps that nonprofit organizations can take to develop sustainable and profitable social enterprises.
- The top funding priorities for grantmakers in the field of reentry services.
Crystal Bryant, Program Director, Cuyahoga County Office of Reentry. Crystal Bryant is an East Cleveland native. She began service to the public working as a Drug Court case manager, and was promoted to the position of Adult Program Specialist with the Cuyahoga County Alcohol Drug Addiction Mental Health Services Board, where she was responsible for the oversight of government funding and resources that supported substance abuse and criminal justice programming. In 2013 Crystal began work as a Program Officer at Cuyahoga Job and Family Services, where she was responsible for community engagement strategies including Medicaid expansion initiatives, community relations and creating and maintaining collaborative partnerships. Prior to Crystal’s current appointment, Crystal worked as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for the city of Cleveland. Some of Crystal’s community endeavors include: Advisory Board Member for the Cleveland Young Professional Senate, Community Engagement Chair for the Norman S. Minor Bar Association, Board member for the Greater Cleveland Drug Court, Volunteer for the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland and Co-Project Director for Cleveland VOTES, which works in partnership with Nonprofit VOTE to support voter engagement activities for local nonprofits.
- Bishara Addison, Senior Manager, Policy and Strategic Initiatives, Towards Employment
- Crystal Bryant, Program Director, Cuyahoga County Office of Reentry
- Mansfield Frazier, Executive Director, Neighborhood Solutions, Inc.
- Bryan Mauk, Director, Social Enterprise, Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry
- Gerry Grim, COO/Director of Culinary, EDWINS Leadership & Restaurant Institute
Moderator: Mike Shafarenko, Director of Civic Commons ideastream
Space is limited. Register online with the form below, in person, or by calling (216) 861-1933 x325. If you need further information, please call (216) 861-1933.